Tuesday 6 July 2010

6 Music Saved

It was announced yesterday that the BBC isn't going to axe  6 Music after all! Hurrah!!
I'm really pleased as it offers an eclectic selection of music and features which tick all the boxes as far as I'm concerned. A large part of the appeal for me is down to the entertaining presenters who know their stuff and put it across with passion and professionalism.
On Sunday afternoon I baked a chocolate cake - mmm delicious - while listening to Jarvis Cocker's Sunday Service. Jarvis, who is a lovely man and a great lyricist himself, interviewed the Bard of Salford, John Cooper Clarke, which made for an interesting conversation. Then, in his own distinctive way, JCC recited his poem 'I've fallen in love with my wife' which was touching and very funny. Worth a listen if it's on catch-up radio or whatever it's called.


No comments:

Post a Comment