Thursday 8 May 2014

8 – 5 – 59

Bilbao - Santander Train
Tony Wilson

I took this photo of a line drawing by the artist Tony Wilson when I was at my friend Lucinda's house in Dun Laoghaire last September. The artist is Lucinda's uncle.

I love the people in the railway carriage and I recognise that type of Spanish train because we've travelled on a similar one that still runs between Soller and Port de Soller in Mallorca. The faces and hands are so full of character and life, the figure at the front - a little boy? - seems amused and invites the viewer to smile too.

What also caught my attention when I saw the picture was the date - my exact birthday! That uniquely magic combination of numbers that, if I'm writing the date, would always have me writing '59 instead of the current year if I'm not careful!


No comments:

Post a Comment