Thursday 4 March 2010

World Book Day

On the way to my poetry class last night I called in at Manchester's Central Reference Library - another of my favourite places. Realise I don't mention whole books too often on my blog, so I decided to introduce an occasional spot (when I remember) of books I am reading. Not necessarily books I read from cover to cover as I dip into lots of poetry books, but maybe an intermittent record of the reading material that rings my bell (or not, as the case may be!) 
There must have been something zeitgeisty going on, because although I didn't realise it at the time, today is World Book Day! I was listening to Lauren Laverne on Six Music and she discussed WBD - that struck me as serendipity!
Here is my inaugural list:
  1. Ghost Train by Sue Hubbard 
  2. Walking the Animals by Carola Luther
  3. Hard Water by Jean Sprackland
  4. Tyrannosaurus Rex versus The Corduroy Kid by Simon Armitage
  5. Book of Matches by Simon Armitage
  6. The Dead Sea Poems by Simon Armitage
  7. Point No Point by Sujata Bhatt
  8. Collected Poems by Gillian Clarke
I can wholly recommend the top three collections. Not far enough into the others yet to comment, may do so at a later point.

No comments:

Post a Comment